View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 06:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Marolwes,

Welcome to the forum! I have lesions on both sides of my brain along with the frontal lobe of my brain which in turn has caused me to have absence and complex partial seizures (sz.) for 42 yrs. If I may ask have you ever felt confused or really tired and has anyone ever told you that you have had a daydream look on your face for a few seconds? If so then you may have had an absence sz. I have had many e.e.g's done along with a CT scan and MRI to find the detail of what's going on and over the yrs. I've had 2 surgeries to help reduce my sz.
If you are forgetful, have short term memory loss or seem depressed these are all other symptoms of epilepsy.
In regards to being asexual there's a possibility that the area of your brain that controls a persons sexual feeling is being affect by where the sz. are starting and this could be why you are feeling the way you do. If you have a lot of emotions that's the right temporal lobe of your brain this is also the area of your brain that enjoys music. Just like you I had problems with to many brain cells in my brain and that's what triggered the sz. for me. I had to have 75% of my right temporal lobe removed and all of my right hippocampus taken out. Its the hippocampus that controls a persons short term memory and one thing they have recently found out is that if a person uses a cell phone to often ever day this will shrink and harden a person hippocampus causing short term memory loss. Also some people may be cell phone sensitive meaning if they are around a few people using a cell phone at the same time it will trigger sz. for them. I found this out about myself after being at work and many people using cell phones at the same time and I had a sz. my Epileptologist did a special e.e.g. on me and in the other room Drs. started using their cell phones at the same time and I didn't know it but each time they did I had a sz. this all happened because of the frequency of the cell phone. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-18-2014)