Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, I might have gotten it. when it asks for an ID I go to google search and put in appropriate search terms. In this case "Medscape Cipro Neuropathy", and I think I get in. I got three articles,

'Antibioticss and Cipro - Whats the Latest'

'FDA Strengthens Neuropathy Warning For Fluoroquinolones' ( or something like that)

'Peripheral Neuropathy Associated with Cipro' (older article)

Were any of those the article you meant? I think one of the first 2 ware 2013 and 2014..

I'm not sure the issue was that they were unaware of the connection or more likely that my neuropathy was not documented properly by the doctor I had when I was having so many problems and they don't think it is significant, I never saw a neuro or had a biopsy, just supposed SFN. I haven't had many problems for a couple of years because I FIX them but they don't seem to get that. I have an appointment on Tuesday and he will learn this. The nurse had to call him at home and he just said to D/C the med until then.

After all the fighting I did to even get semi diagnosed I have recently found articles saying that neuropathy can be a comorbidity of COPD, doctors do not know this. They don't know very much about it yet but consider hypoxia the most likely culprit but systemic inflammation and the medication may also play a role. It said it was an axonal type neuropathy but I had no nerve damage on the conduction test?

I am better but still having some issues I HOPE will resolve (dumb to have taken it, I got complacent since I have had it under control). I'm numb from mid thigh and upper arm down but the burning seems to have retreated to my toes instead of 1/2 foot like it was last night. I hope it doesn't get worse when I go for a walk. It took 5 days for the reaction to Flagyl to go away, this isn't as severe but it feels more like it could hang on.

Thanks, this forum really helps.
judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-17-2014)