View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 11:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

This is horrible. I have a well trained Lab I want to take out with me as a service animal, she just needs a little more training so she's not so excited to meet other animals/people. I am saddened to learn that anyone would kick anyone out of an establishment for having a service dog. I know it's frustrating when you look like you're ok but suffering inside - I go through that daily. Thank you for your post, it is nice to be aware that no everyone is kind hearted and understanding. (well, I already knew that but re: service dogs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibclare View Post
Boy, can I relate to your issue. I now am sure to have either my small dog's vest, emblem, bandana, or large medical service tag apparent. I also always carry copies of both her certification and my psychiatrist's letter in case I have issues.

My own disability is "hidden" as you say, until such moments when it is not. Then, like you said, they all get to see why Luci Sky is a service animal.

I wish you luck with this and advise, like in the other reply, to carry documentation or have your dog wear obvious service dog paraphenalia. (or both) The prejudice and ignorance of some of the general public will never be resolved, but we have to exude confidence and maintain our rights under the auspices of the ADA. We too have rights and must demand (politely) respect.
Supermomma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote