View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Oh, Kev, my heart aches for you.

It's really frightening when you lose control of your behaviour. If I wrote down all the weird stuff I did right after my injury, I'd cause a paper shortage. Shoes in the fridge, getting lost in my own little community, standing in a shower of only hot water, etc... My husband once found me kicking the crap out of the front door. I have no idea why. Heck, I didn't even know I was doing it.

I wish we could answer your questions about whether your symptoms are "typical" and how long they might last. Sadly, while there is some commonality in TBIs, each is really as unique as the person who sustains it.

You, and your wife, should keep a journal of all your symptoms and behaviours. The unblinking, other worldly stare sounds a lot like one of my seizures. Thank you for having the good sense not to drive in your current condition.

You really do need the medical assistance you are seeking. You might also want to contact the Brain Injury Association in your area. www.biausa.org They will be able to offer support to you - and your spouse - while you deal with your TBI.

Hang it there.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote