View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 05:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thanks for all the info

Thank you all for all the help. This is all so new and scary when you hear a doctor say "believe MS is possible and would explain it all" for the first time. A few months ago I had never heard of MG. About six months ago's I went to the doctor because I was having headaches daily and migraines about once a week. I felt terrible, like I was hundred years old. My doctor first thought was thyroid. My TSH was 2.9, apparently not high enough for treatment.

Another month, another set of test....lupus, lyme disease, arthritis, ANA test....all negative. Another month, more test, and repeat. This sounds like a common process.

My dr is going to refer me to neuro now. I live in Greenville, SC. The more I read about MG, I don't know what to think. On Friday I was only sitting at my desk and my legs got weaker and weaker, making it a complete struggle to walk to my car. Yet today I walked for several hours without any struggle at all. I don't understand. Sometime it seems the less active I am the worse it gets. That doesn't seem to fit what I have read about MG. My droopy eyelid comes and goes too. Some days it seems like it is almost gone and other days is really bad.

I don't understand it and I don't care if they name it or not. I just don't want to hurt, I want to look and feel normal again. I just want my energy back and facial expressions.

I guess it's more test, but I am going to start tracking symptoms. Maybe that will help solve this. And again thank you all for replying.
Elle114 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-13-2014)