View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 06:35 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Hi, Mistiis!

I think that by showing your love you are probably already using the most powerful tool that you have. I do think it's important to remember to show this love in a persistent way. After all, the despair is probably persistent itself.

I'm not saying this just to disagree, DMACK, but I do think that it's possible to approach suicide in a rational way, even though I agree that this is not usually the case. Some people are simply too rational to escape logic and effectively embrace their emotions and desire to live. They reason that if it seems likely the rest of their life will be an unpleasant prelude to what is already an inescapable death then what difference does a few years or decades really make? I'm not defending this approach, but I do understand how it could make purely logical sense.

Lara, unfortunately yes, you can buy these weapons even at a Walmart. They've recently added military-assault-style weapons to the inventory, such as AR-15's and other knock-off brands.

Mistiis, I think your friend is extremely lucky to have you on his/her help and prayer lists, whether they realize it or not. Unfortunately I just found-out a few minutes ago that an old and close friend of mine had shot himself in his own bathroom, and did not survive. He left behind a wife and daughter. What makes this particular suicide so frustrating is that no one seems to have ever suspected that he was considering it. I think the best that anyone can do, if they do have reason to suspect such a thing, is to show their love and to be willing to listen, even if you have to listen to the same thing over and over again. Some people need to verbalize their feelings in order to deal with them, and the deeper the hurt the longer it takes. God bless you for being so caring.

Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-19-2014), barbo (05-18-2014), bizi (06-06-2014), DejaVu (07-21-2015), DMACK (06-02-2014), eva5667faliure (05-21-2014), ger715 (05-22-2014), Hockey (05-25-2014), mistiis (05-19-2014), Twinkletoes (05-18-2014), vintagewine (06-28-2015), waves (07-09-2014), Wren (05-19-2014)