View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Just found out that my 15yo DGS saved his girlfriend from suicide. She had spoken of it months ago and even set a date: April 22nd. He took her to a movie the night before and afterward asked when he'd see her again. "In Heaven," she responded.

Thank goodness his mother picked up on his devastation and made him talk! She had him call the girl's father. Her parents had been trying to treat her depression with vitamins and hadn't realized the seriousness. They kept her at home the next day and checked on her constantly.

Love is good. Very very good. But this is going to take more.

I have an adult niece and her brother that both suffer from depression. He refuses to take any medications because they are "evil." He is in a dark place mentally, isn't able to hold down a job and depends on 100% financial support from his parents. He is one school quarter away from college graduation, and has been for about 20 years.

She, however, accepts medical help and does her best to help herself by getting out and participating in life. She just remarried, but still has demons that mess with her mind.

You folks in this forum obviously know about this than I do. It just makes me shake my head in confusion. What a mystery our mental health is!

May God bless you all.

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-19-2014), barbo (05-18-2014), DejaVu (07-21-2015), eva5667faliure (05-24-2014), mistiis (05-19-2014), vintagewine (06-28-2015), Wren (05-19-2014)