View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

N burd,

Do not assume that your physician will contact an oral surgeon. Did he tell you he was going to do that?

I'm sorry I'm not able to follow what this means....you wrote:

"Regarding the charging the dentist wanted to for 3 alveoplasty sites as being "not due to extraction" seem right comsidering the abcess was due to the denture cutting into the gums and the bone being exposed because the tooth was removed seem correct to you? "

Why do you have an IV port? Was it for your dental situation or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N burd View Post
Hello Brianna,
Thank you very much for your reply : )
I believe my physician is in contact with an oral surgeon already in regards to the situation and (how would I put it) working in tandem(?) with him to try to get everything straightened out. Could I be mistaken in this?
Regarding the charging the dentist wanted to for 3 alveoplasty sites as being "not due to extraction" seem right comsidering the abcess was due to the denture cutting into the gums and the bone being exposed because the tooth was removed seem correct to you? i was also charged $100 for the visit to let know what was going on with the situation and 1 X-ray for the immediate decision there is no infection.(while I have an iv port in for antibiotics) or to do the 3 sites and deal with any infection when/if any is found? Sorry to be such a bother... I am widowed, living with my parents and have no job right now, I can't afford what dentist wants to do, let alone any "surprise" findings. : (

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote