View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you DMACK. I do believe that illness is involved, obviously, whether physically or mentally. Chronic physical illness and having no joy for life itself, or feeling like you have nothing to offer society or the people in it, can make you believe that life is not WORTH living. It's simply because the individual has lost their sense of self-worth as our society defines self worth. Yes, we have all bought our ticket out of life when we were born, but the timing is not ours to set. There is usually some strong emotion behind the act even if rationalized by the individual. I'm glad your still here.

Alffe, you understand how important listening and REALLY caring are. People can tell when your intentions are true and when your just being mannerly. YOU set such a wonderful example, and I love you for it.

I think it's important to listen and help them to see there ARE other options. However, our society is becoming more and more devoid of the simple acts of a caring touch or phone call. Technology is taking that away from us.

Idealist, I'm so sorry to read about your friend. This may be another example of someone who could not reach out for,or simply did not know how, to ASK for help. Yes, despair can certainly be persistent. Love can be healing

Twinkletoes, I am so sorry to read about this child as well. I think it's especially difficult for someone trying to fit in to our society when they just feel like they don't and have tried and tried only to feel like a failure, and, again, it's hard to find someone who REALLY understands and can relate. It's when someone can really relate to what you are saying that you can really FEEL understood. Thank goodness someone did listen and take action.

Yes, Lara, it upsets me terribly how easy it is to get a gun, and yet, how rational it can seem to own one or more. I don't like them myself. I'd rather have a can of mace

First, the one in trouble needs to TALK, and someone needs to LISTEN and really CARE. I wish more people would utilize Neurotalk. I know my friends here have saved me

The problem of suicide is still growing, unfortunately. To help prevent even one is a blessing. I thank everyone here for their help and support of me over the years.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-19-2014), barbo (05-19-2014), DejaVu (07-21-2015), DMACK (06-02-2014), eva5667faliure (05-24-2014), Hockey (05-25-2014), Koala77 (05-31-2014), Wren (05-19-2014)