View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 06:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angell View Post
Hello all,

As I indicated above, I've recently been diagnosed with MG (three days ago) and started on mestinon immediately upping the dose every three days to 120mg/three times a day.

Pretty pleased actually - I've been sitting on this for so long it's nice to know. Besides, the symptoms are the same as they were before I knew - only difference is, today I know what I have and can treat it to the extent it can be treated.

Could anyone share their experience with how quickly the meds began working noticeably? I've been on 30mg three times a day now for three days and just took my first 60mg dose...and physically, it's my worst day in a year. Probably coincidence, but since I have this fabulous resource here, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I am newly MG diagnosed also, anti-musk , now three weeks, when they first suspected from blood tests, I was put on mestinone 60 mg which seemed to cause me to have a reaction and go into crisis after a couple days, spent 8 days in ICU, 9 plasmapherisis treatments and now am home a week and a half.

I now take prednisone 20mg x 2

Dan
imdan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote