View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 05:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi vatche,

I'm sorry to hear that your sister is going through such a hard time. My advice to you is to get your sister to an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) it sounds like she may be having seizures (sz.) but I have never heard of a sz. that causes pain. You should also have your sister have a wada test, Pet scan and Spect scan this will show a lot of what's going on in the brain and what's causing it. Sometimes the problem is so deep in the brain that none of the tests will show any problems this is what happened to me before I had brain surgery done my Dr. thought I only had a problem on the right temporal lobe but they found lesions on the left temporal lobe and the frontal lobe also that not a single test showed.
Tell your sister to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day for adults and this may help her because it calms the nerves down. It has reduced my sz. a lot.
You can find an Epileptologist at a big hospital or at a University Hospital just have your sisters family Dr. refer her to see one so she can get in sooner.
I wish you and your sister the best of luck and May God Bless the Both of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote