View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm sorry about your injury.

The symptoms you are describing are common to TBI.

I wish I could provide you with a timeline for recovery. However, every concussion is as unique as the person who sustains it.

For now, one of the best things you can do to maximize your recovery is to get as much physical and mental rest as possible. The less stimulation, the better.

It is also advisable to abstain from alcohol and to eat a proper diet. Many suggest vitamin supplements, and you can learn a lot about your options by reading through the sticky on that topic.

Don't be shy about advocating for care.

Keep a journal of all your symptoms/odd behaviours. As brain injury can rob one of self-reflection, ask your spouse/friends/family to do the same.

Consider taking a family member with you to medical appointments, to ensure that all your questions are asked and that you understand/remember the answers.

Push for a neuro-psych exam and for any cognitive and occupational therapy it indicates might benefit you.

Do not be ashamed to seek psychological help. Many TBI patients find themselves battling depression, anxiety, panic attacks etc...

Listen to your body and don't let ANYONE try and push you past your limits. Overdoing things is the surest way to suffer setbacks and slow and/or compromise recovery.

Good luck, and remember, you are not alone.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
5-views (06-21-2014)