View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

thank you "ginnie" & "Porkette", we have seen a team of 6 Neurologists specializing in Epilepsy at UCLA (and a team of 5 more neurologists at another hospital and they all agreed that she does not have seizures, that the brain wave tests (EEG) did not show any signs of epilepsy, and they are telling us that everything is caused by stress. I understand that stress plays a big role, but I don't buy it. I truly believe there is something being missed and that something sure can be seizures, but the onset is what throws me off. It happens the same way every time starting with extreme pain in the head, almost like the pain is too much and the body is shutting down. In the meantime, our lives have completely changed as she is unable to drive nor be by herself, since we don't know when the episodes will occur. We have not had the wada test, Pet scan nor Spect scan done yet and will look into getting those done too. Every other doctor we have seen at UCLA just sticks to the diagnosis of stress that's written in the reports and they won't budge. So as much as I am a fan of UCLA (experience with my mom many years ago fighting leukemia) I think that we have exhausted this hospital and now directing our attention to Cedars Sinai, and if still no answers, then head up to northern California, I heard Stanford has a great program there too.
vatche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote