View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 02:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help for mom

Hi,

A little over 2 months ago, my mom hit her forehead on the bottom beam of a garage door and now has been diagnosed with PCS. She has begun seriously resting now (no screen time/electronics, no multitasking, etc) but I understand adding vitamins and supplements may help her heal more completely so have begun researching. Here is what I plan on suggesting she begin taking:

Omega 3 - fish oil, with EPA 800mg and DHA 600 mg or so taken 2 times a day
Folic Acid, at least 400mcg but less than 800mcg
B12 (Methylcobalamin), 1000 to 5000 mcg
Magnesium Malate, about 1000mcg
D3, 2000IU at least

I chose Methylcobalamin because of the benefits it gives to those with fibromyalgia. She hasn't been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but her symptoms are eerily similar. She also fights depression (has for years), so I'm hoping with this regimen that might be helped as well.

Does anyone have some advice on dosages or other things I need to be sure she takes/avoids? I know it's said that DHEA is bad for those with Bilateral Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (which she has), and too much folic acid for a long period of time can be bad for those with heart problems, but is there anything else I need to be aware of? She does take a small aspirin each day for her heart and is in her upper forties. So far her doctor has only been pushing for her to rest and sleep as much as possible. If knowing her specific symptoms will help you help me, I'll list them, just let me know

Thanks
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote