View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 05:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Trying to Determine Best Course of Action for Whiplash/PCS 9 Months...

I know I'm preaching to the quire here, but getting desperate for a solution to my life limiting condition. I was involved in a motorcycle accident May/13 and then a subsequent fall in my home Aug/13. Unconscious on both occasions and PCS/whiplash symptoms since the second impact.

As of now, I have moderate tinnitus and the main symptom preventing me from living a normal life/working in any capacity is some pretty nasty dizziness. Whenever I enter an area with artificial lighting, such as malls, restaurants I go through a period of feeling completely spaced out followed by pretty bad dizziness. It's not a spinning sensation, but a feeling of near fainting and difficulty focusing on things. This happens every time I enter an area with ambient noise (chatter, etc) and will sometimes subside in about 30 minutes, other times not at all. I then have almost an out of body experience, as I feel so spaced out. It's almost as if I'm not even physically present at times.

As of current I have been going to physio to deal with some serious whiplash and has helped quite a bit, but more temporary results. The neck starts to seize up again after a week or no physio, which is also when my dizziness symptoms seem to be at their worst.

I will be receiving neck trigger point injections in about a week. They apparently inject a freezing agent, similar to that of dental clinics and then use needling techniques to release tension in the neck. They mentioned that they have had good results with some patients, however my only concern is it also being a temporary fix.

Anyway, without dragging this on too long, my purpose is to see if anyone has had any success with managing/reducing symptoms with medication or exercises. I really need to get moving on with my life again. I have been sitting at home for 9 months now with these brutal symptoms and although have been very patient and along the mindset of my body just needing time to recover, starting to get pretty scared that I'll never return to normal. I have been prescribed Betahistine, however upon reading reviews, skeptical it will help, as I've tested negative for BPPV 3 times and told that I don't have meniers disease.
randomguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote