View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

random,

Do you take any steps to reduce these stimulations ?

I need to wear sunglasses and a hat to reduce the effect of lights. I also always have ear plugs ready to use. Malls and restaurants are always risky for me.

You may need to learn these trigger minimizing techniques so you can do some normal things. There is no real treatment for PCS. It just takes time for the brain and sensory systems to heal.

Until your neck heals, it may continue to make your PCS symptoms worse. Are you being disciplined with neck posture, especially when resting or sleeping ? It is very important to not aggravate a neck injury so it can heal. It has taken me years for my neck to heal. It has required discipline sleep posture. For me, this was extremely important because my neck injury was causing central sleep apnea. I would just stop breathing if I slept with my neck in a bad position. Now, after years of discipline, my neck is more tolerant of bad positions.

To sum it up, I think you need to accept your current condition as the way things are for the near term. Learn to minimize your exposure to triggers. Learn work-arounds so you can do the things you want to do. Social events may be possible just shorter or with a safety escape plan.

Many of us have learned to live with PCS rather than fight against it. It is possible.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote