View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_Dazed View Post

My damage was caused by 'contre-coup' injury. Below is a link to a you tube vide showing what happens inside your head when your head is whipped back and forth.

My neuropsych said on a level they can't see, cells are stretched, torn, twisted and chemicals leak in and out of them. I don't completely understand it all or remember all I've been taught about it, but there are very knowledgable people here

My head went many different directions as there were multiple impacts during my car accident. It's been 18 months today and I can't function normally. What you are experiencing is real and so hard emotionally, mentally, and physically. Do not doubt yourself.

Your workmans comp doctor is the same as my 12 year old diagnosing you. Actually worse, my 12 year old has a brain injury and knows what it's like. The doctor is ignorant of a brain injury and can do MUCH damage to you than help or is trying to save $. Go to a neurologist!!! A very good one that handles brain injuries. You have a brain injury.

It CAN cause PERMANENT damage or you may end up healed but it's not like a broken arm. Brain injuries take a long time to heal.

Lean on people here. If you have someone to help you have them read up on here too. It's hard to understand what it's like if you've never had a brain injury.

Peace and wellness,

Jace

Sorry if I seem agitated...your doctor lit my nerves!
m

Your agitation tells me your concerned and know how I feel. Thank you for taking the time to inform me and god bless you. I will be praying for you and everyone on this forum!

Last edited by Chemar; 05-25-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: ** name edit for privacy
Stringstalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote