View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Ok, we're missing a connection here; that doesn't answer the questions of "How?"
How are doses measured? I am a consumer, an end user. You would need to contact these companies directly for the details on that. Same goes with any vitamin on the market. How can you really be sure you are getting 10MG? I can say that the CBD dose that I take seems to be consistent and relieves my NP.

Quote:
Along with the higher competition that lowers prices (this is still a "for-profit" business for the most part) comes cost-cutting measures and corner-cutting.
Yes, as with most things. And just as natural products are not regulated by the FDA, neither is MMJ. I think that has already been established. It is up to the patient to make their own best-informed decisions for all matters regarding their care.

Quote:
It's not like prescription drugs at all. With prescription drugs—pain medications in particular—patients don't generally adjust their own dosage—doctors do, based on accumulated knowledge & experience that isn't yet available with MM.
If your neuropathy is consistent, then you may not adjust your dosages but many others experience frequent flair-ups, waxing and waning and completely inconsistent if not erratic symptoms that are all over the board. And we keep an arsenal of weapons for break-thru pain and yes we do adjust medication dosages accordingly.

Quote:
Putting all that together, there's a lot to question/be skeptical about, especially when the image the industry portrays is one like this:
http://www.caregiverscup.com/
Their hearts may be in the right places, but would you buy medicine from—and/or trust your health to—this image? Are you?
I do not know who those people are but from the article, it appears they grow a strain that is effective for nausea. Good for them! If I suffered from extreme nausea and tried every drug without success, why wouldn't I try their strain of MMJ? Because the growers look like potheads?

Quote:
These questions/issues were recently the subject of an NPR report (among others).
Marijuana-Laced Treats Leave Colorado Jonesing For Food-Safety Rules

I think they concern many doctors as well.

Doc
Also of concern to doctors: http://www.thestarpress.com/article/...WS06/140520011

Fortunately, the overdose from a pot brownie would be along the lines of a long nap whereas prescription overdoses frequently result in death.

I am not a doctor, grower or caregiver. I am a sufferer of PN who has tried everything under the sun with the potential to help and out of nothing less that absolute desperation, I tried CBD and it gave me my life back. Ultimately, we all have to make our own best decisions and take responsibility for our own care.
beatle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-23-2014), ginnie (05-21-2014)