View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 03:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default PCS and other health problems

Hi, my mom hurt her head about 2 months ago and now has been diagnosed with Post-concussion syndrome. I'm now researching for her to find vitamins/supplements she can take to help, but because of her other health problems I want to be sure what I'm suggesting is right for her.

Here is the list of her health issues/facts:
--PCS---headaches, sound/light sensitivity, crazy dreams (she wakes and is not sure if the dream was reality or not at first), tinnitus, eye/ear pressure, occasional dizziness/nausea, decreased sense of smell, fatigue
--Bilateral polycystic ovarian syndrome (BPOS)---she has had surgery to remove cysts before but doesn't suffer from hirsutism. She used to take birth control pills to help, but no longer takes them.
--Depression---she fights depression but manages to keep it mostly under control without medication (this is likely tied to her BPOS)
--Fibromyalgia-like symptoms---she hasn't been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but her symptoms are very similar to it
--Gale Bladder was removed over 2 years ago
--She takes a small aspirin every day for her heart
--She's in her upper 40's

Here is what I have planned to suggest for her right now:

Omega 3 - fish oil, with EPA 800mg and DHA 600 mg or so taken 2 times a day
Folic Acid, at least 400mcg but less than 800mcg
B12 (Methylcobalamin), 1000 to 5000 mcg
Magnesium Malate, about 1000mcg
D3, 2000IU at least
B-50 Complex
Anti-oxidants with C and E

She is already taking a multivitamin supplement

Is there anything I should add/remove or adjust dosage wise? How could this supplement regimen affect her depression or other health problems? I know everyone is unique, and every concussion is as well, but I would like to give her a heads up on anything she should look out for or anticipate.

Thanks for all your help
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tienthinh2412 (06-13-2014)