View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 08:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Hi all, just writing to keep you updated as to how i went at my doctors appointment on Monday.

My doctor referred me to have a CT guided facet joint injection (as Dr Smith so rightly predicted). I was admitted into hospital yesterday morning (Wednesday) and under sedation I had the procedure performed. The doctor administered two two Lumbar Facet Joint injections in both the left and the right hand side of my lower back. At least I've got that part taken care of and its over and done with, unless i need additional injections.

Here comes the waiting as patiently as I can part to see if the injections take effect. I'll probably know if the injections were successful in taking an edge off my pain in approximately a weeks time. Keep your fingers, toes, eyes, legs and anything else that is remotely crossabled crossed for me lol

In the meantime should i be resting up and doing as little as possible to give the injections a good chance of kicking in, or would resting not make any difference to the outcome? Mind you that's going to be an impossible dream going nothing, not to mention boring as all heck with a husband and a household to run.

Hope everyone is doing well today and please know that i am sparing a thought for you all. It's not until you experience pain first hand that you realize just how debilitating this condition can be and I applaude you all for the strength and courage you all have.

Thank you for allowing me to post in your group. It helps being around people who understand and support each other....
possum62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote