View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diandra View Post
hi HD, geez, 21 is so young to have to be dealing with all this yet how fortunate you have found a partner who has similar issues and understands. my husband used to say, I wish It could be me for awhile instead of you dealing with all these health issues and all I can say is, I would never wish this on anyone, especially someone I love and I am sure your fiancé feels,the same way.

Ms Eva...I certainly understand the invisibility of your health issues and the lack of compassion by some folks. It is frustrating. I do appreciate your reminder to stop beating up on myself for my limitations. I try so hard not to but my husband married a well employed, healthy woman. and now he has me...(..Lord, that sounds awful ) and he just did not sign up for all this. He is a dear and says, I didn't sign up for it either. I wil work on accepting what I can do.....Thanks, D.

Diandra,
I, like you, feel, my husband married an independent woman (he said that was what attracted him to me (we met while both of us were widowed). I really feel badly for him. He does not complain; but when I mention having really a bad day, he rarely responds. I really think he has no idea. But, that could be just my own looking for understanding.

Understanding is another issue with so many chronic pain sufferers. My husband and I meet with his never married sister for lunch about once a month. I don't go out often; but when I do, usually try to go to restaurant that service is pretty quick. His sister often makes little jabs especially about a a foot rest I have to keep my back of legs from feet hanging on floor aggravating the PN. Also use elbows on table to keep pressure off spine pain. I shouldn't let these things bother me; but unfortunately they do. I mentioned a while back about her making me feel like I am faking. Instead, I was told there was not a mean bone in his sister's body.

If we could let go of guilt and wanting others to understand we are in pain and not making up excuses, etc.; most of us would probably feel much better and less depressed. Need to really work on myself and let go of these feelings.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-19-2014), ginnie (05-21-2014), PamelaJune (06-15-2014)