View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 10:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am a bit hesitant to speak on this issue because I am so new here but...

I have neuropathy, spinal stenosis and MG - I am also in recovery and on the tenth of this month celebrated 22 years clean and sober. My PCP recommended to me that I try medical marijuana three years ago for a related problem that had not yet been diagnosed. I declined. She pushed. I had tried and stopped taking various pain meds because I couldn't keep them down but marijuana is a street drug....and I'm in recovery.

Long story short, I got some and didn't take it. I kept it in a jar and ignored it for three months. On day four of a migraine I was willing to do anything including a gun to the head to stop the pain and so I tried it tentatively.

Ever have one of those moments where you suddenly realize your headache is gone and you are so shocked that you try to concentrate to see if you can make it come back? I had such a moment - sixty seconds later. After FOUR days! Typically, even if a migraine passes after having it all day, I'll have what I refer to as a pain hangover - the headache is gone but the muscles are still smarting from the pain. Nope, nothing. Then I realized my back wasn't hurting either - first time in two years with no pain. Heck, I'm crying as I write this just remembering that gift.

Anywho, I still take med. marijuana daily. Never during the day no matter how bad the pain gets because I can make it through the struggle of the day but when I let my guard down to sleep, it refuses to let me. So I will take some an hour before I go to bed - maybe an hour and a half - and then sleep like I haven't since I was a child.

If I didn't have a history with drug abuse, I'd probably use it throughout the day as well - but I do, and so I accept this partial solution with gratitude. I still consider myself 'clean' and I'm guessing that if you knew me before, you'd think so too. It doesn't take much either - about an ounce a year.
angell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DougLo (07-06-2014), eva5667faliure (05-23-2014), ginnie (05-21-2014)