Thread: Arachnoid cyst
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post Arachnoid Cyst surgery

3 weeks ago (1st May) I had surgery on my Arachnoid Cyst in Sydney. When I had woken enough after the surgery to understand and remember what was going on I noticed my feet and I could wriggle my toes. It felt different and strange and then it dawned on me that I had absolutely no pain in my legs. They felt light and I could move them. Over the next few hours I realised that I had no pain from the waist down and I felt different. No cramps, no burning feelings, no loss of balance, no difficulty in swallowing, I just felt like a new man.
3 weeks later my body feels so different. So different to the suffering that had been building up over 26 years. I had even taken walks down the dark side and had I not had the surgery then I may not have been around now as the pain was too intense.
Apart from a great team of medical people I also owe my life to the invention of the MRI machine. How different my life would have been and how different thousands of other peoples lives would have been had that machine been around 26 years ago.

I know that I am a very lucky man and perhaps now I can start to live the life I missed out on.
Attached Thumbnails
Arachnoid cyst-img_0333-jpg  
Gregg Kirkwood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-16-2014)