View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 08:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks much!

This seems to be the really unfortunate truth!! It really really bothers me, the general info is so basic it has nothing to do with actual anesthesia and surgery, just things to help your hospital stay, etc. It is baffling that we have to suffer this horrendous disease and the typical response is DON'T HAVE SURGERY....lol. That is not quite that easy ... Or...make sure you tell your doctors/anesth. you have RSD/CRPS. That has never helped get me what I need. I wish it did!! This time will be different, I have faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHH :-)

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurochic View Post
From recollection there is some limited information about pre-surgery analgesia and anaesthesia to be found on the RSDSA website. You would need to do a bit of searching but it will either be under their publications or listed in the comprehensive index of selected research articles.

The reality is that there has been virtually no research or work done on protocols to prevent either new CRPS symptoms or a spread or worsening of CRPS symptoms in patients who already have the condition but who subsequently require surgery. This is why it is virtually impossible to find any information let alone protocols or reliable advice that you can take to a surgeon. Such protocols don't exist. The general advice that in CRPS patients, invasive procedures should only be done when required as an emergency isn't entirely useful and ignores the realities of life.
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote