View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 08:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Gerry,
I know what you mean. My husband and siblings are very fit, all very healthy. We went on a family trip once, on a plane and I refused to carry on my bag and was the only one who checked a bag. There was grumbling we had to take an extra 5-10 minutes to get my bag...and I overheard a couple them commenting about it when they thought I was out of earshot. It is hard not to get hurt. These are people I thought loved me and they were criticizing such a stupid thing. I talked to my husband about it later and he said, because I never bring it up and never complain and look fine, people just forget my issues. And I guess he is right but I had been out of work on disability for awhile at that point and they knew it so I thought it was kinda mean.

I agree with you about trying not to let this stuff get to us. I have found I just hang out with people who "get it" and don't give me crap about it. I have a small circle of family and friends that fall into that category so that is who I spend time with. I keep reminding myself how lucky I am my husband is so understanding. Thanks for your response Gerry.
D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-19-2014), ger715 (05-22-2014), PamelaJune (06-15-2014)