View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

dbpei,

I would be remiss if I didn't interject here about your post regarding Biological dentists. Your friend may have had an unpleasant experience with her tooth extraction but that does not mean that ALL Biological dentists are unqualified to perform oral surgery.

If you skim through some of the threads on this forum about tooth extractions, you will read many of them talk about post op complications especially dry sockets. The majority of these people went to either their conventional general dentist or an oral surgeon.

It is not possible for a lay person to know the difference between a qualified dentist and one who is not. People generally base their dentists "abilities" on their personality and the personal experiences that they have had in their dental chair. I'm sure you would agree that one patient could have a positive experience and the very next one could have a different outcome as many factors play into the experience itself.

Dentistry is in desperate need of some major changes and Biological dentists are trying to make those changes happen. Please let's not belittle their efforts as they are so necessary for the betterment of everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpei View Post
Hi Mike,
So sorry for what you have to go through at such a young age! I want to caution you against using a biological dentist for this. I have a friend who had an infected molar extracted by a very reputable biological dentist. There were complications during the procedure and it took over 2 hours to remove the tooth. To make matters worse, she had a dry socket after this. She regretted using the biological dentist and wished she had used a good oral surgeon. She had a subsequent extraction using an oral surgeon and there were no complications. (I used an oral surgeon to extract an infected, root canaled molar last June and there were no complications after this as well...) I hope this helps!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote