View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I get both mental fatigue and physical fatigue.

Mental fatigue generally happens when there is too much going on around me and I can't absorb and process it all. It can be so frustrating as I love to be around people and love the hustle and bustle of being out and about, but it is so exhausting. I no longer am able to go to many places and events due to such. I now go to quieter gatherings, such as family dinners, friends houses, etc.

I also experience physical fatigue. My legs wear out so quickly. They start to slow down and feel heavy and then I am just dragging. There is nothing I can do but stop and sit down or lay down for an hour or so. My arms get fatigued just brushing my hair sometimes. (Sheesh, I really need to just get it cut shorter.) Simple tasks can sometimes become a major task for me. I can get fatigued just making a sandwich for lunch.

I have to nap or lay down for about an hour or so every day. It's my only way to make it through the whole day without becoming a blob on the couch. I usually feel refreshed afterward and can carry on with my days activities.

I do not take any medication to help with fatigue. I did try Provigil once and it didn't work for me and my insurance doesn't cover it. I have not tried anything since. Naps and periods of rest is what helps me the most.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-23-2014), barb02 (05-22-2014), SallyC (05-22-2014)