View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I think that fatigue was probably my first symptom of MS. I was more tired than most people for years. I usually manged it by resting for an hour or so after teaching and going to bed fairly early.

Since retiring it isn't as bad, but I do spend more time in bed than before. I too find that I need an hour or so just to lie down in the afternoon and rest.

I am sure that one of my problems is that I do not get natural sleep. I take ambien CR and still cannot sleep much some nights. I am tired but not sleepy. I would love to fall asleep naturally but it just does not happen.

I was just in Chicago and walking on concrete on long city blocks is hard. I could only make it about two blocks before my leg and back began to really hurt. My leg also gets heavier and heavier with each step. Once I sit down the pain subsides. I find shopping with a shopping cart a lot less painful.

I took something for about two weeks for fatigue but it only made me constipated. It was the antiviral med. I can't remember the name. A neurologist once gave me free samples of provigil, but I was afraid to try it.
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-23-2014), SallyC (05-22-2014), tkrik (05-22-2014)