View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 03:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Annamay,
I'm sorry to hear you are still dealing with it! My case was traumatic for me but I don't have the symptoms you describe. My surgery was 7 months ago - and though I am very paranoid and can still feel the effects of the surgery - I am able to work out and dance without fatigue or overheating and have been since about 3 months post op. I didn't have any pulmonary embolisms though... I have heard it can take your body quite a while to get over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annamay View Post
Hello,

I am a 37 year old woman and I was diagnosed after a couple of PE's were found about a year and a half ago. I am a very happy energetic person with an ultra positive outlook. I have been through prior surgeries and have endured labor but as for most people, Paget Schroetter was a different kind of animal. It was quite an ordeal and recovery has been painful and LONG.

I am reaching out now, because it has been so long and I still can't workout and over-heat very quickly. What I am hoping to do is learn more about obstacles that others are facing in recovery as well as be a support in any way to anyone going through it.

If you have experienced extreme fatigue long term, I would be especially excited to learn more about your case.

Thanks!
Emilina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote