View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

This resembles a venomous bite of some sort. The venom would be injected into the area which is now darker than the rest.

I had a spider bite on vacation that looked like this. It started off as a little bump like a small mosquito bite and turned into a nightmare in 4 days. PAIN!

The venom remains in the dermis layer and destroys tissue and darkens with time. The redness around it all is the body reacting to the venom.

I went to the local doctor and he gave me 3 things for it.
1) Antibiotic --Zithromax incase of infection
2) Steroids-- high dose oral with a 7 day taper
3) strong antihistamine--Atarax 50mg.

The steroids did the best for me. But I had pain in that ankle for at least 3 months after. I don't have RSD ...so I used cold treatments on it for pain.

All spiders have some sort of venom. So any type can cause a nasty reaction. (the really venomous ones, we know about... brown recluse, black widow, etc). But even little ones not typically dangerous can leave a nasty reaction behind when they bite you. Keep the area clean to prevent infection.

My bite started to improve with 48 hrs on the steroids.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (05-23-2014)