View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 10:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I find having something to look forward to helps.

During the winter I go across the street twice a week to watch t.v. with an elderly couple. I really enjoy it.

My brother invited me to Bermuda for 2 weeks and I really enjoyed it.

I get some satisfaction from baking.

The worst part is the isolation, I am sitting home tonight, my headache is particularly bad and all I can really do is go to bed.

My daughter may take me camping this summer. I really hate the lack of independence. I can't drive very far, I can't lift anything heavy, so I have to depend on others if I want to go somewhere.

I must admit one of my new goals is to create some type of social life for me. Before the accident I was thinking about dating, but now I am so limited I can't image dating. No movies, no crowded places, no loud places, can't walk too far but I can still talk.....

It is a huge adjustment and not easy, but we are not alone, there are a lot of us making the same adjustment.
MVA March 2012 pcs, post traumatic vision syndrome, convergence insufficiencies, vision mid line shift syndrome, gaze stabilization and vision tracking. Fatigue, headaches and sore eyes are main issues.

Current activities: chiro, massage, prism glasses, vision therapy, yoga, meditation, aquafit classes and rest.....
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-24-2014), Living_Dazed (05-24-2014)