View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 08:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Very interesting read. I did not realize that there could be so many underlying factors that could promote and even perpetuate the onset of tics or tic-like behaviors.

As I was browsing this forum, I did come across another great read about the calling for an investigation into the TSA (Tourette's Syndrome Association) and how they've suppressed evidence of dietary and environmental factors playing a huge part in causing the symptoms associated with tourette's. My mother would always tell people not to smoke cigarettes around me because when they did, my tourette's would 'act' up. She also noticed that if I was exposed to a moldy environment that my tics would get worse. Also, when I ate anything with added sugar.

I am just trying to figure out, other than the fact that I am genetically susceptible to developing tourette's like symptoms, what initially may have caused the 'outbreak' and if there is a way to reverse and put into full remission the effects of this syndrome.

Now, I believe I understand that, as a society and the medical industry, we have compartmentalized many of these conditions and have sought after compartmentalized methods in order to treat this symptom or that. Being as the problem may have completely originated else where in the body causing for symptoms to appear in different ways in different people depending upon their individualized genetics. Looking at it this way, Tourette's along with many other 'conditions' could merely be symptoms of a larger problem that we are facing. So, instead of treating the tics, why not look at treating the whole body beginning with our environment and diet. Things around us or what we put in us could simply be the triggers that we need to eliminate to fix the underlying cause of all the symptoms that we may be experiencing.

Let me know if this makes sense. I'm having a bit of trouble piecing it all together and expressing it as my foggy brain is doing the best job that it can (did I mention that depression has also taken over my daily life since I was 17). That's a whole other issue though!
CoolManMike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote