View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update: I will be going back to Boston to also get the median scalene muscles Botoxed. I only had the anterior done before. The reason being that The median are really hard to get to with the needle, and it does not provide as much relief as the anterior scalenes do when Botoxed. I am going to get them done to help with lingering pain toward the outside of the shoulders.

In addition to the botox I will be doing lots of PT that will primarily be the myofacial release to stretch and move scar tissue to a more comfortable place. Now that the botox has relaxed the anterior scalenes it feels a bit like the scar tissue along my sternum, clavicle, in center part of the lower ribs is pulling a bit.

My hands fall asleep at night, but they didn't the first week after the botox. Hopefully these additional shots will help with this.

I'm guessing that I will have to go back for more botox three months following these new shots for more botox. After that I may be able to lengthen the time between shots. Eventually, I may not need them Any more if the muscles atrophy enough. Or need them less frequently, like every 8 months or every year or so.

I am trying to talk a doctor here in Nebraska to get in on this botox as a treatment option, that way I don't have to keep flying to Boston. However, a quick cost benefit analysis tells me that flying to Boston is still less costly than not. I think I have spent nearly $10,000 on massages alone over the past ten years, and that was just to function. Never mind medicines, doctor appointments OTC creams, lotions, tests, er visits, loss of wages from missing work, loss of earning potential from not doing certain types of work ie. waitressing, varies devices to support my shoulders, keep my hands down at night, electric massaging devices, heating pads, braces, poor health from not exercising because I felt bad, etc., etc., etc.....you guys know.

I'm actually kinda wondering why botox along with intense pt isn't the first treatment plan for this stuff.
Eight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote