View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinksweetpea View Post
I am still searching for answers and interested to know if any of our members who have autonomic neuropathy, have the symptom of heat intolerance? I have been diagnosed with large fibre polyneuropathy, but I think I may also have autonomic neuropathy?

For many years I suffered from urinary retention and three years ago had to have a permanent indwelling catheter because of this. There was never a diagnosis for the retention, but now I am wondering if it is caused by autonomic neuropathy, as I have read that this can affect the bladder as well as other organs.

I have noticed that I am more sensitive to heat than anyone else I know and it doesn't feel "normal" to be the odd one out. Because of this, I am trying to find out if there is a possible nerve connection to do with the heat sensitivity? I know that its not caused by the menopause because I am now in my seventies and have had this problem since my forties. If anyone can shine a light on this I would appreciate it very much and any comments would be very welcome.

Thanks for reading this, Pinksweetpea
I have CMT and heat intolerance and also am sensitive to cold. Kind of no happy medium other than the 70 degree days are fine. Anything below zero is not good. My feet and calves are always cold to the touch no matter what the temperature is. Nothing warms them up except they are warm when I get out of bed in the A.M.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pinksweetpea (05-25-2014)