View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 11:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Heat Intolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
HI and welcome,

Heat intolerance is a common element of autonomic neuropathy. Since you have other symptoms (urinary retention), then it IS likely to be related. There are also common aspects of autonomic neuropathy...like orthostatic hypotension (BP drops when you stand up -- making you dizzy/lightheaded), increased heart rate, and stomach fullness, bloating, nausea from gastroparesis. Do you have any of these other problems? Do you sweat easily in the heat...or not at all.

Either way, you should consider testing for autonomic functions. A QSART is a very detailed sweat test to see how you respond to heat. If you have other symptoms I mentioned above, there are more testing options.

Do they know the cause of your polyneuropathy?
en bloc
Thanks for your welcome and all the information. No I don't know what the cause of the polyneuropathy is, but the Neurologist mentioned that there had been an injury to L5 which has now resolved but left the nerve damage. She was not certain about this though. As for the bladder, I wasn't getting the message to urinate and it stretched over time causing "nerve damage" but again they didn't seem certain.

I do sweat a lot yes, my clothes are soaked sometimes during summer and also if I am in a hot room to the point that I feel clammy, faint and dizzy. At these times, I try to observe other peoples reaction to the heat and they don't seem to be feeling hot at all? The winter months I tolerate very well, I am dry and I don't seem to feel the cold like some people.

I can get night sweats at any time of year to the point where the bed is soaked. I have looked into this but no answers so far, they seem to come out of nowhere and are very unpredictable.

The light headedness on standing I can relate to, especially in the mornings when I go from a lying position to a standing one when I usually need to just give it a minute to go away. Also bloating but not the feeling of fullness. Does this sound like autonomic neuropathy to you or do I just feel the heat?

I would value your feedback and in the meanwhile I will look up the test you mentioned. and thanks again for your response.
Pinksweetpea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote