View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 12:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes Mrs. D. I am an avid follower of your posts, so this is what I have been using:

Benfotiamine 300mg 1x day
B12 1,000-6,000 mcg day (cyano form)
B-50 complex 1x day
Folic Acid 1200mg 1x day
Vit C 250mg 1x day
Vit E mixed tocopherals 400 iu/day (lots of gamma tocopherals)
Acetyl L Carnitine 500mg 2/day
Alpha Lipoic Acid 400-1200mg 1x day
Magnesium citrate 500mg 2/day (acid salts or chelates)
Fish Oil 1000mg 2x day
Milk Thistle 200mg 3/day
Coenzyme Q-10 50mg 2xday
DHEA 50mg

Was taking the SAM-E as well but did not tolerate it very well. I have also been on an anti-inflammatory diet for well over a year (very little caffeine save the occasional cocoa product, no refined sugar, no animal products except fish, feta and goat cheeses and hard boiled eggs, filtered water only, no gluten, no nightshades, no alcohol although I did try a drink a few times over the past year.

The thing with the Flagyl is that once you are off of the drug, the side effects should resolve themselves. It has been 3 years since I took this drug and all of a sudden not only are my symptoms worsening but the muscle weakness and muscle pain are new. So I do not believe this had anything to do with it. Just thought I would add that into the mix since at one time a doctor thought there was a connection.

I just really need to know what possible next step there is? Seek out a new rheumatologist? Love my neurologist but she just keeps saying you will get better and hands me another script for a new anti-depressant to try out. When my symptoms were consistent, I was okay being labeled idiopathic and continuing down the symptom management route with lowest dose possible of Tramadol. But these new issues are troublesome and now I want to find out what the root cause is so it does not continue to worsen. I have a young family and need to be there for them....not in a wheelchair because I did not do anything and the damage was already done...

Does the progression sound like anything you have come across? Just typing this makes my arm tired, and I have not left the house in two days, but two weeks ago I was throwing a 20lb kettlebell.
cat1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote