View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Today is one of those days! I woke up around 8:30. I had my breakfast and was planning my day. All of a sudden, I hit the brick wall. I had only been up for less that 2 hours and had to go lay down to rest. The only "strenuous" thing I did was make my breakfast of a bowl of cereal and a smoothie. My legs feel as though I just ran a 5K.

Lynn - I don't know how you do it but am always inspired by you. I would have to nap in the classroom before heading home. And yes, showers just seem to be so exhausting. I have switched my routine around and now take my shower before going to bed. It does help but I still sometimes have to lay down with my towel on until I have the energy to get my pajamas on.

Doydie - Glad you made it home ok. That's the hard thing about taking walks. I can start out fine but then BAM! I can barely move. What's more frustrating is that it doesn't happen all the time. I never know when I start out which time it is going to be. I have not limited my walking to my courtyard at my complex. That way, home is not too far if my legs decide to stop me in my tracks.

B2Y - I was like you. I had fatigue before I knew I had MS. I could go to bed at 8 at night and sleep all the way through until 5:30 when I had to get up to go to work. It got harder as my DDs grew older as they were able to stay up later. Bedtime became 9 and then 10. That was hard on me. I just assumed I was one of those people that needed more sleep. I didn't think of it as a symptom of anything. After I was dx, that all made sense to me. Of course, because of other symptoms I was no longer able to work and could nap during the day. That has helped me quite a bit.

Sleeper - I sleep anywhere between 10 and 12 hours a day. Ten hours at night and a 1 to 2 hour nap. In fact, I took a 2 hour nap yesterday which I haven't done in a long time.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (05-27-2014), Lynn (06-01-2014), SallyC (05-26-2014)