Thread: Joint pain & MS
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

It is normal for people with MS to have the symptoms you have listed. For some of us, it's a daily thing that we struggle with and others it only happens during a flare.

It is my understanding that it is not very common for people with MS to have lupus. In fact, my neuro and I have discussed this more than once. I know a researcher for neurological diseases and I have discussed this issue with him as well.

There is something called multiple autoimmune syndrome. There are 3 types. In each type, there are common autoimmune diseases that are seen together. While a rheumatologist dx me with lupus and Sjogren's, I'm seeking a 2nd opinion. This dx would put me in what they call type 3 MAS. MS is occasionally seen in type 3 MAS.

Lupus is one of the diseases that can mimic MS, so following up with a rheumy is really important to get a proper diagnosis. Discuss your concerns with your primary doctor and as about getting either a referral to a rheumy or having him/her run some tests to rule out lupus.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Charlie2015 (05-28-2014), jnewk (05-28-2014)