View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Laura and MiaVita,

Sorry you hit your head. I have trouble in the car just like you. Also in crowded places. I wear ear plugs and sunglasses and used to hold onto my husbands arm.

Finally I decided to get a walking stick. It helps me balance and if it's bad My hubby grabs me. I like the independence of the walking stick. Target sells two I. A pack. When go on walks I'm going to try to use both to get my arms going. Just a normal pace, but it should help my health.

The animal watching helped me greatly from month 6 on. I fed the squirrels and fattened them up for winter. I have many birds where I live now, no squirrels so I am learning about them..very relaxing.

Spirituality comes to us in many ways. The animals and nature are such a beautiful, pure path. Nature is a foundation to me. It has always played a big role in my life but even larger now.

I'm going to get a finch feeder. We have purple and yellow finches her. I think I will add a bird bath to and a hummingbird feeder. I saw a crane yesterday. We have lots of geese and ducks. I haven't seen any fox, deer, or raccoons yet. Hoping to.

I so wish I could listen to audio books. I was a voracious reader prior to injury. Miss the stories immensely. Every now and then I will watch an animal documentary if it's a quiet day and I'm alone. Sometimes with sound for a bit.

One of my favorite voices is Peter Thomas. He narrates Forensic Files. I used to fall asleep to his voice. I wish he did other things besides the dark stories.

So glad to chat with you both!

Jace

*TBI with mild to severe damage November 2012 from car crash. Stroke with hemorage & 4 clots in veins in brain Feb/Mar 2015.

*Vestibular damage, PCS, hypercusis, severe visual processing and tracking issues, short term memory loss, headaches/migraines, occipital neuralgia, cognitive issues, neurological issues, brain fog, brain fatigue when over stimulated, twitching, vertigo, neck issues, nerve issues, PTSD, personality change, Since stroke left side weakness, rage, worsening of vestibular problems, recall, speech, memory.

*Can't drive or work. Have done occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, physical therapy. Learning work arounds, and strategies to be competent in daily life. Change your attitude/perspective changes your life. As TBI survivors this is a vital part of our healing and living.

*Working on getting to know and accept the new me.

Last edited by Living_Dazed; 05-26-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Names and forgot stuff
Living_Dazed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marina22 (05-26-2014)