View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 02:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS Newbie saying hi

Well, not so a much a newbie since it's 3 months since my injury, but new to the forum!

Anyway, it happened the day I was moving house, rushing around packing boxes I jumped up and ran forward (why I'll never know) and head butted an open door edge on with a sickening crack. I knew it was hard and wondered if I'd fractured my skull but it was fine, I felt fine too which puzzled me. A bruise came up and I was amazed at how tough the body is... little did I know.

The next few days I began to get neck ache, computer neck I just thought, and I felt tired, just the move hitting me I reasoned. It wasn't until I went for a walk by the river that I knew something was amiss, after a mile or so I had trouble walking and felt fatigued, strange I thought.

Then exactly a week later I woke with a dull headache at the back of my head and felt dizzy, I stepped out of bed and felt nauseas, I nearly flaked out. Waves of nausea hit me, but after an hour I managed get myself together to call the doctor actually drive to see him (crazy I know) and after some basic neuro tests he calmly told me it's just concussion it will pass but go get a scan if you want. I did, I had a CT scan which was deemed ok and sent home to rest. Apart from tinnitus I felt ok, just in shock a little having avoided hospitals for all my life.

I think it's at this point that I didn't get any good advice so tried to continue as normal. It's now the symptoms kicked in, nausea, anxiety, fatigue, restlessness, unable to sleep for more than a few hours, tinnitus, stiff crunchy neck. At 10 days in I got pressure in my head symptoms and felt delirious. Not nice, thankfully that passed.

Anyway, by last week nearly 3 months in I was feeling better, walking fine, nausea and then finally anxiety and restlessness had gone -I felt relaxed. Apart from tinnitus and sleep issue which was improving very slightly I felt almost well again and optimistic too. Then this Saturday I went and over did things and now have my symptoms back! :-( That afternoon I felt a twinge in my forehead, too much physical stuff, that night I felt ill again, restless in bed felt sick when laying down and tender head. I hope it's just a small relapse, I'm seeing the neurologist tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what he says, I'd like to get an MRI for peace of mind.
SuperElectric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote