View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am also wondering what additional tests I should request. I have had the usual CBC panels done repeatedly (glucose varies always within normal and latest was 48), creatine kinase 104 U/L, aldolase 5.9 U/L, my thyroid is tested every 3 months, HIV negative, Lyme negative, latest ESR was 4 mm/hr, urinalysis nothing remarkable, mercury only remarkable metal toxicity but came down from 33 to 13 by reducing seafood intake, vitamin levels: B6 has come down to reasonable 23.1, B12 938 nmol/L (mma back in 2013 was .13 but homocysteine borderline at 11.5), B1 245.5 nmol/L, Vitamin D 35 mg/ml, and Phosphorus 3.2 mg/dl, immune: SSA positive, thyroid within normal with medication (synthroid), ANNA-1 ANNA-2 negative, Gliadin IgG/IgA both negative, Antinuclear antibody positive, ANA titer 1:40, CRP normal, C3 protein always lower than normal, C4 normal, MRIs brain and spine unremarkable, bone density shows severe osteopenia, EMG and nerve conduction studies show nothing remarkable but nerve biopsy showed reduced innervation of sweat glands (supposedly supporting a neuropathic process affecting nerve fibers which NOBODY has been able to explain to me).

So basically my tests so far showed no inflammation markers, normal ESR and CRPs, antibody tests for RA, scleroderma and Hashimotos all negative, vitamin levels normal-high, no STDs, only indication of auto immunity are a low C3, high SSA and borderline ANA. Only evidence of nerve damage is the strange biopsy findings. The osteopenia has rapidly deteriorated over past two years but that could be too much exercise and not enough calcium and unrelated. Forgot to add in the above that now I take calcium and D3 per doctor's advice for osteo issues. Any ideas???
cat1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote