View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 07:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by edugirl View Post
Hello,
I only took Neurontin (generic version though) for two days (300mg) each time, but I got very bizarre side effects. I felt a rush of anxiety both times and the first time took it at night and stayed up all night even though I ended up taking a valium too a few hours later. It made me drop things and feel really unstable and when I'd close my eyes, all of these weird images would appear. I was just wondering how unusual it is. I stopped taking it, but the doctor told me that it would make me drowsy. I've never had a reaction like this to any medication before.
I have been on Neurontin for over a year now. I started off with 100 mg 3x a day....and am now on 200 mg 3x a day....initially the only side effects I had were dizziness and drowziness....they went away, but now I find to get any relief I must keep upping the dose (I dont, doc does)...so I asked to take 300 mg 3x a day and she told me the side effect will probably be swelling of the ankles but I could try it and see....sure enough, when I take 300 mg, my feet swell up.....at this point I am not sure what to do....Have heard of other meds like Cymbalta and Topamax but will have to wait for next visit in June to ask doc.....today pain was off the wall....I am also on a Lidocaine patch which helps greatly during the day....supposed to last 12 hours, but doesnt.
BeaderBubbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (07-16-2014)