View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 09:10 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Help Lyrica Withdrawal

First, I am beyond thankful to have found this sight.

I have had Fibromyalgia most of my life, I don't remember a time when I didn't have FM pain, fatigue began to take it's toll in 2000. I have been on a smorgasbord of medication and until I went on Neurontin nothing seemed to work. Neurontin lost it's effect after 2 yrs., I went off of it with no problem. Sometime around 2006/2007 I was in a trial program for Lyrica and figured it was an easy transition since Neurontin had worked. For roughly the last 4 years I started having a huge variety of problems but they were so sporatic my drs failed/refused to make the connection, until, my dentist told them that some mouth problems I was having had to be because of medication because my teeth were fine but beginning to decay due to severe dry mouth! Sooooo, I began titrating off of Lyrica and until this moment I had no idea there was even an issue trying to do so. I'm starting my forth week and I too am going through what Trivia and others are going through. The worst for me is nausea, a ringing in my head, severe muscle spasms, fatigue and insomnia. I had started taking SAMe (for Osteoarthritis) about 4 months prior to all this and I think that is why I am not having the anxiety & depression like others, it's there but nothing like the other issues I'm having. What a nightmare!
Zmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote