View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I hope you will be amused by my story !!

In May 2013, I was making eye test in order change my glasses when it was suggested to me that I would make a routine eye test. I agreed reluctantly as I had no complain from my eyes. This test lead to more tests which "confirmed" that I had uveal malonoma in my right eye and radiation treatment (eye plaque brachytherapy) was scheduled to take place on 22 July at a hospital in Edmonton which is at few hours drive from where I reside. We made all the elaborate preparations for the treatment including two days trip to Edmonten to do tests required by the hospital. But as fate wished, we were told that the treatment had to be cancelled because the surgeon who was to perform the therapy had an accident and he needs about two months to recoverer. Subsequently, we were told that the treatment should be done in Toronto and all arrangements and costs would be covered. However, I did not like the idea. My primary eye oncologist was a very likeable man in his late forties and as he noticed my reluctance, he told me that the tumor has not changed in size since first diagnosis about three months earlier and if I was ready to take the chance to wait other three months to repeat the test to check if the tumor is active or dormant. Since that time I have done tests every 3 months which indicated that my eye malonoma is dormant and may have been there many years earlier doing no harm.
My wife tells me every thing happens for a reason not understood by us and it is futile to put your faith only in logic and science!
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (07-23-2014), lindylanka (07-25-2014), soccertese (05-27-2014)