View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I'm calling the neuro for the other stuff... Mentioning the hair loss to him if I can remember to do it.
I'm calling the regular doctor about some of the other stuff too...also mentioning the hair loss to him.
Erin, I don't know what your age is, but a couple of years ago I began losing hair at a much higher rate than my 8-10 normal hairs. I'd guess it was 30-40 hairs per shower/blow-dry. Enough that it was depressing to have to clean out my hairbrush so often and to notice more hair on the floor after blowdrying.

I didn't talk with my doc, but I mentioned it to my hairdresser of 14 years.

She told me that it seemed to be pretty normal in her 20+ years as a beautician that as women age, they tend to lose more and more hair. It made sense. I'm 60 now. Doesn't it seem most "grandmas" have thinner, more brittle, gray or white hair? Often their scalp is fairly visible. It seems that way to me.

So maybe it's one of those aging things, not attributable to shampoo, vitamins, hair coloring, meds or MS, of which I am too familiar.

The better news is that I no longer lose many hairs. It's somewhat thinner, but girl, it still looks pretty good. A little more scalp shows, but that's ok. I (well, my HHA does; I can't lift my arms any more) still color it at home every 5 or 6 weeks and I like my cut.

MsBluIs
Pass the cheese...-karen-head-shot-0212-jpg
msbluis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (05-27-2014)