View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Msbluis - Good post! I agree. I have been losing clumps of hair but it only started after being so sick and having emergency surgery. Surgery and illness can bring on hair loss. However, I don't discount hormones as a contributing factor. Although the texture of my hair is fine, I have a ton of it. No one would really notice the hair loss but I do as I watch it fall as I brush it and have to clean my brush far more often that I used to. One of my close friends is going through menopause and she was telling me that clumps of hair were falling out on her. She did say it has slowed down quite a bit the further she gets in menopause years. Her hair is thinner now and she styles it differently now to make it appear fuller. My SIL has the same issue the older she gets and the closer to menopause she gets. It is quite common.

Hormones do effect our hair. When I was pregnant with DD22, my hair changed color from a dark blonde to copper penny red. After I had her it changed to a light brown. As I get older, my hair is getting so curly! I've always had straight hair. To get it to hold a curl was almost impossible. Perming it was out because it was so fine. Now, I have curls that I just don't know what to do with. My hair is crazy!!!

So, I agree that as we get older our hair changes. We also tend to get more muscle aches and pains, joint issues, fatigue, digestive issues, etc. Once any underlying issues have been ruled out, we can just chalk it up to aging.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
msbluis (05-31-2014), SallyC (05-27-2014)