View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I also use Tramadol daily for pain. For awhile it has been my only medication as all of the anti-depressants I have tried have not worked for me. It worked well to "take the edge off" the pain and reduce it to more of an achey pain rather than a burning, stabbing one.

Lately, though, it seems the 50-100mg a day are not cutting it. I am assuming my tolerance has built up and to have the same effect would have to increase my dosage. This could also be because I am having a flare. For everyday nerve pain, it worked quite effectively. The major side effect I experienced is constipation.

Although doctors dismiss this Tramadol as an addictive drug, you can read stories all over the internet of people who had to go through terrible withdrawals. So I am reluctant to increase the dosage.

It did work for some time as my only medication, so it would be worth bringing up to your own doctor. As mentioned before, we did try other anti-depressants and neither my doctor nor my pharmacist was concerned with the interaction warning. I did not have any problems but was always on low dosages of both Tramadol and whatever anti-depressant we were trying at the time. I did read up on Mrs. D's information and think you need to be aware of serotonin syndrome to make an informed decision.
cat1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
groucho (05-29-2014), hopeful (05-29-2014)