View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperElectric View Post
Sometimes I remember dreaming, I think I might even wake during dreaming. No, I don't feel refreshed when I wake, I don't feel anxious as such but a bit wired. It's as if an alarm goes off at 5am, it's uncanny. It's like I've got into some sort of bad sleep habit.

Basically I don't understand how I can wake up tired, yawn during the day but fail to fall asleep at night, it's bizarre! Maybe I'm getting too much brain stimulation during the day because pre injury I'd be zombied on 3 hours sleep but I'm not now. When I see the PCS neurologist I'll ask for some hormone tests to see what my cortisol and melatonin levels are, I wonder if they might be awry. I'm open to suggestions though.

I tried mirtazapine once, a friend who is on them for depression said they made him sleep so gave me one to try. It certainly made me feel sleepy and relaxed especially when I woke up it was like the old days of waking on a Sunday morning, but it made me constipated and lowered my blood pressure, pretty powerful stuff. I hear coming off them can give you insomnia :-(

EDIT

One other thing lately I feel queasy when I wake up...anyone else have this?
You might not be entering restorative REM sleep. This can happen with TBI/stroke patients. Sometimes it passes as the brain heals.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote