View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't think so. I think you just need time. But keep in mind that the body is able to heal itself best while sleeping - so keep a very regular schedule (if you can, because hormone imbalance also causes sleep interruption - it's a wicked cycle) wherein you go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time every day.

You might consider taking aids to help you fall asleep...

But I would caution against trying to mess with your endocrine system in any way - because all the hormones are interrelated - taking just one hormone could potentially disrupt the production of another or the healing process. (Please keep in mind that I'm a layman.)

I've posted another article in the sticky section somewhere that sleeping helps the brain to flush toxins out of it which I think aids the healing process.

And you might consider gathering up all the research you can to educate your Dr. so, just in case that one year mark hits, you'll be prepared.

I waited almost 3 years for the tests and diagnosis from the date of the MVA I was in that gave me the concussion. I've read horrific stories of people waiting 8-10 and even 18-20 years for this diagnosis while they agonized because they couldn't function well enough to have a modicum of "quality of life".

And trust me on this one, waiting one year hoping that your hormones kick back in is MUCH better than getting this diagnosis and treatment because it's lifelong and somewhat involved... and even though my HMO covers many of the costs, it's still expensive. But receiving the treatment is MUCH better than languishing in pain day in and day out, unable to think or move...!

Hang in there! I know it's very arduous.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinka16 (05-28-2014)