View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG mom View Post
My son who has MG has started to notice that he has short term memory loss. I have tried to look up the Mestinon that he takes but that does not show any side effects of memory loss. It is gradually getting worse and is starting to affect him quite a bit. I started really noticing it in the last year or year and a half. Anyone out there with similar problems? He is 15 years old.
I wanted to let you know that I was diagnosed about 9 months ago with an autoimmune disease, at first they thought it was CIDP but then I went to USF Health in Tampa for a second opinion and my Dr refined the diagnosis as MG. She immediately placed me on Pyridostigmine, which helped immediately. But that said, I also have memory loss issues, reaching for a commonly used word, or the name of a person, place, or thing I have known for years. Its really frustrating, as my recall has always been spot on, to the point of being scary. I asked my neuro and she says that the problem has to do with my MG as it is an illness that deals with neurotransmitters and neuroreceptors and that we would have to see how things went with the treatments.

I am now on Pyridostigmine, Prednisone and Methotrexate. trying to get weaned off the Prednisone, it is apparent that I am not a good candidate for the prednisone. Lol, the Dr is sure my wife will be very displeased with her if she does not get me off it or at least to the minimal dose possible.

I hope this provides some help.
BBullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote